Monday, January 7, 2008

i'll follow the sun

I went back to school today.

It was surprisingly easy to get up at 5:30 this morning (considering I couldn't go to sleep until after midnight), but once I got to school, I found myself in a funk that lasted until lunchtime. I'd been having SUCH a great vacation - spending time with Robbie, my mom, & my very best friends in the world, watching Harry Potter & reading - plus all of my 7th grade classes got mixed around because they switch electives every 10 weeks (and the schedules were all screwed up, I had a ton of kids that I don't usually have, but I won't have them tomorrow because everything was sorted out today). And I basically hate my new schedule. Which is ridiculous, because it's literally the same, except for the fact that my new homeroom (1st period) used to be my 3rd period class, my new 3rd period class used to be my 4th period class, and my new 4th period class used to be my homeroom (and let me say, I liked those kids first thing in the morning a WHOLE lot better than right before lunch). I am such a creature of habit that major changes throw me, and I was definitely thrown today. But by 7th period, I was fine, mostly because it was the end of a ridiculously long day.

I think it's going to rain tomorrow, which majorly sucks. Bad weather = kid crazy-maker. At least I don't have yard duty.




But tomorrow may rain, so, I'll follow the sun...how long until summer?

No comments: