Saturday, January 20, 2007

eight days a week

Well I am stressed. I need to write a whole month's worth of lesson plans for 2 classes by sometime this week, so my supervisors & teachers can look over them to make sure they're ok. So far, I've written three. For one class. But I'd really just rather watch my TiVo'd Law & Order: SVU. I freakin' love that show.

However, despite the level of stress I'm feeling (which is probably way lower than the level of stress I should be feeling), I'm extremely excited about teaching. I observed my 2nd period class on Friday, and it made me remember why I had been so looking forward to going back to Hiram Johnson, and so bummed that I might not be able to work with this particular teacher (long story). Basically, the class played Jeopardy for most of the class to review for their final, and it was HILARIOUS. Even though it's an intervention class, which usually comes with a lot of attitude/behavior problems, these kids have such great attitudes and senses of humor, so I'm really excited to start working with them.

Alright, I seriously need to get back to work now...as soon as this episode is over.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Teacher Ingram. Don't be stressed. You'll get everything done. Just write them WHILE you watch SVU.